As previously communicated, major road works have begun as part of the Manchester and Salford inner relief route improvement scheme (MSIRR), and are likely to impact your journey to Old Trafford on a match day, particularly on weekdays, throughout the 18/19 season.
MSIRR involves key routes across Manchester, including Chester Road, The Mancunian Way and Regent Road being severely congested. It is expected that this will make normal match day journeys take at least 50% longer.
TfGM have asked us to advise you to consider changing your usual journey to and from the stadium, in particular for our home game against BSC Young Boys on Tuesday 27thNovember, and have provided further advice below:
- The most significant impacts are expected on the roads between 4pm and 7pm on the day of the game. Drivers are therefore urged to consider using alternative modes including trams, trains and buses, wherever possible. In all cases they should allow plenty of extra time for journeys
- A full list of Greater Manchester Park and Ride facilities, with postcodes and parking capacity is available here
- Sale Water Park, Ladywell, East Didsbury, Ashton Moss and Ashton West all have hundreds of free spaces, and provide frequent direct trams to either Old Trafford, Trafford Bar or Exchange Quay on match days. All three stops are about a 10 minute walk from the stadium
- Additional Park and Rides are available on Tuesday for people heading to the match. Shuttle buses to Old Trafford will run from sites at EventCity and AJ Bell Stadium, while additional buses will also operate from the A580 East Lancs Road site
- Please note that services to Manchester United FC Halt station remain suspended, your nearest rail station is Trafford Park which is about a 25 min walk
- Please plan ahead and allow extra time to complete your journey
- For travel advice, specifically tailored to the BSC Young Boys fixture, please click here and follow TfGM on twitter @OfficialTfGM for live updates
Thank you for your support of the team, and we hope you are looking forward to the game.